0

FAQ

Why choose The Sunners tan through swimwear?

  • Significantly minimizes the appearance of tan lines
  • Contributes to the prevention of sun burns and blisters
  • Dries fast
  • Comfortable to wear
  • They are made in Montreal
  • Patented Sunselect

What result should I expect from a tanning session with The Sunners bikini?

Since the Sunselect fabric offers a good protection against sun ultraviolet (UV), it minimizes the appearance of tan lines at about 50 %, leaving a nearly invisible line. The results get even better two weeks after tanning! Please see the following photo to see the expected result.

NB1 - Depending on the weather conditions and your skin type, the needed sun exposure time to get a suntan may vary.

NB2 – We opted for a non-tan through elastic band on the edge of the bikini only to provide maximum support.

How does the fabric work?

The fabric is knitted and finished to create micro holes allowing a prejudged amount of the UV rays through to the skin’s surface.

Let’s start with the basics…

Sunlight consists of different wavelengths called UV radiations. And again parts of these radiations are the UVA and UVB sunrays. 

The textile blocks approximately 90% of the UVB rays responsible for sunburns. The other 10% transmitted rays are vital to start the tanning process.

The UVA rays are responsible for the skin tanning. The textile transmits up to almost 20% of these UVA rays.

The amount of UV allowed through is based on known scientific data. Thus there is a pre-selected amount of both UV wavelengths in a perfect combination to provide a golden suntan.

Does the bikini provide sun protection?

A protection factor of approximately 8 to 10 was built into the transmitting filtering effect. This is achieved by only allowing a small percentage of the UV rays through the fabric, which represents a medium SPF.

GOOD NEWS! Unlike creams, oils and lotions, which wash off, the protection is constant!

Can I put sunscreen under the bikini to increase sun protection?

You should know that increasing the sun protection by putting sunscreen under your bikini might affect the tan through effect, leaving you with important tan lines.

If you prefer, you can apply sunscreen only on sensitive areas of your body that does not have to tan like your nipples (if you're not wearing your nipple covers) or your lady parts.

What does the fabric look like?

The fabric is 81% Polyester and 19% Lycra.

It looks exactly like any other swimwear fabric with the same composition. The only difference is that the bikinis have been sewn with only one layer of fabric to allow the tan through effect to work. You must wear your nipple covers with your bikini to increase opacity. 

N.B. Once the fabric is on the skin, it becomes much more opaque.

What are the cleaning instructions?

Do’s:

  • Cold handwash only
  • Let air dry
  • Use cleaner specifically designed for swimsuits or mild hand soap

Don’ts:

  • Do not machine wash
  • Do not machine dry
  • Do not wring
  • Do not iron
  • Do not dry clean
  • Do not use laundry detergent

How do I choose the perfect size?

It's very simple. You must know your bra size and your pants size first. Once these two sizes have been identify, refer to the size chart to see what bikini size you should pick.

Is shipping included?

Shipping is included for orders over $95 in Canada and United States.

Do you ship worldwide?

Yes! We ship worldwide.

How long till I receive my order?

Please note that your orders will be processed and shipped within 3 working days, except if the orders are placed during the weekend. In this case, the orders will be processed the next working day.

Delivery Time:

Canada: 2 to 5 working days

United States: 4 to 6 working days

International: 10 to 15 working days

Unfortunately, The Sunners cannot control delivery time. Please note that the postal service is not operating during holidays.

If you want to avoid delivery time, you can pick up your order at our office. In this case, write to annie@thesunners.com

Where do you make the bikini?

The Sunners bikinis are made all around Québec.

Conceived and sewn: Montréal

Printed : Longueuil by Image Folie

Patterns: Québec City by Allcovered

How can I contact you?

If you have any questions, you can contact me at this email address, annie@thesunners.com. You can also send us a direct message on Facebook or Instagram!

Your health is very important to us, which is why you should be aware of the consequences to sun overexposure. Please follow the link for more information on this matter: https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/sun-safety.html